This chocolate-avocado pudding requires no cooking. It's dairy and refined-sugar free, high in B-vitamins, minerals, and fibre. And it's really quick to make, satisfying and nurturing! I love the consistency. Win win win...
- 1 big ripe avocado* (or 2 small ones)
- 1/3 cup almond milk/ coconut milk/ rice milk (or more if necessary)
- 2 - 4 tbsp unprocessed cacao or carob
- 3/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- a small pinch of fine sea salt
- 1-2 dates (Medjool dates taste best) or a ripe banana
- Optional: 1 - 3 drops of stevia or sweetfruit drops
Unsweetened shredded coconut
Nuts and seeds
Fresh or dried berries
Coconut whip cream
Blend all the ingredients in your blender or food processor to a creamy consistency. I personally like it if the dates are still a bit chunky. It tasted like caramel pieces in the chocolate pudding.
Then add toppings of your choice.
Enjoy as a nourishing breakfast, dessert, or snack.
*Did you know that the greatest concentration of antioxidants is in the dark green fruit closest to the peel?
Tip on how to peel the avocado while conserving that area with the greatest concentration of antioxidants: • Cut the avocado length-wise, around the seed • Holding each half, twist them in the opposite directions to separate them from the seed • Remove the seed • Cut each half, length-wise • Next, using your thumb and index finger, simply peel the skin off each piece